Navajo County Manslaughter Attorney
What is manslaughter?
If you are accused of unlawfully taking the life of another human being, you will either be charged with murder or manslaughter, depending on the circumstances of the homicide. In either situation, your future is at stake, and it is advisable to retain a Navajo County criminal defense attorney from Williams Law Group as soon as possible. The founder and managing partner of our firm, a former prosecutor with the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, will represent you with investigators and in court, working diligently to safeguard you against a conviction. We have successfully resolved thousands of criminal cases, including multi-week jury trials for first degree murder. We urge you to visit our office today for a confidential consultation.
Manslaughter is generally considered to be a less heinous offense than murder, but it is a serious charge in its own right. Under Section 13-1103 of the of the Arizona Criminal Code, it is defined as
- Causing death through recklessness
- Committing second degree murder as a crime of passion, on the condition that the victim provided adequate provocation
- Intentionally assisting a suicide
- Committing second degree murder as a result of being coerced by another person
- Causing the death of an unborn child by physical injury to the mother, provided that the injury was not caused during a medical treatment, an authorized abortion or by the mother
Manslaughter Defense Lawyer in Navajo County
The penalty for this Class 2 felony is a minimum of 7 years, and up to 21 years of incarceration , and you may receive a tougher sentence if you have a prior criminal record. You probably never expected to find yourself in such a critical position, and you may feel quite hopeless about your chances of avoiding a negative outcome. Let our experience work for you. We have helped countless individuals achieve a full exoneration or dismissal of charges, and have assisted many others with negotiating a favorable plea bargain which involved a reduction of the charge and the penalty.
As soon as possible after you have been charged with manslaughter, contact a Navajo County manslaughter lawyer
from our firm for dedicated legal defense.